Bid Manager (Senior)
Bid Manager (Senior) Job at Afrirent Holdings – Midrand, Gauteng
Afrirent Holdings is an actively developing organisation that adds value to every node and contact point of the fleet management value chain and expanding into complementary industries reliant on this full fleet management offering.
Keeping your team moving toward delivery of an on-time, compliant, winning proposal calls for a blend of consistency, flexibility, and judgment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Day-to-day management of the proposal team is the engine at the centre of all successful proposals. Daily check-ins are essential for identifying issues and risks, assigning and following up on actions, and updating the team on any changes to customer initiatives, bid budgets, and so on.
- Support sales teams with proposal processes (review, response preparation, approval monitoring, and final submissions)
- Review and analyse tender documents for understanding of bid response, requirements, and terms and conditions
- Review all tender and other project documents prior to kick-off calls and identify escalation points where business partners will need to be engaged
- Lead tender, proposal meetings and kick-off calls to establish strategy, timelines and deliverables plan
- Build proposal documents according to the requirements in each tender request and in alignment with company established style guidelines and messaging
- Write initial draft Cover Letters and Executive Summaries leveraging Sales inputs from the deal strategy while utilizing approved templates
- Responsible for helping ensure that the broader team delivers timely, accurate, high-quality documents that are customized to meet the needs and expectations of internal and external clients.
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposal best practice
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery teams.
- Convert customer documents into formats required for Tender submission
- Coordinate with various internal groups including sales, service delivery, client engagement, marketing, legal, compliance and finance to develop the components of the proposal
- Ensure final product meets Tender specifications, internal approvals and final submission deadline
- Ensure company policies and procedures regarding review, approval, and signature authority are followed during the bid process
- Must have Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Certification – at least Foundation.
- Must have Certification in Project management and organizational skills, with ability able to manage concurrent projects and tasks while meeting competing deadlines
- Mastery in Microsoft Word (tables, formatting, fonts, graphics, etc.)
- Advanced in Microsoft PowerPoint (tables, formatting, fonts, graphics, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with the flexibility to work on several projects concurrently
- Adaptable and flexible; composed under pressure while managing competing demand
- Ability to interact professionally and establish relationships across all levels of the organization
- Communicate and influence at a senior level with internal stakeholders
- Experience researching and collaborating with subject matter experts to write and edit compelling proposals that are customised to the needs of the client
- Experience mentoring, training, and guiding team members through projects requirements and milestones
- Ability to work independently through a project with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail across all aspects of a project including grammar and general layout and presentation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From R30,000.00 per month